I don’t think I ever considered buying cannellini beans prior to seeing this delicious salad idea on my friend’s IG story. I looked them up and to my surprise they are full of protein, great source of fiber, magnesium, and iron. Ah-mazing and thank you, friend!
It’s really simple, refreshing and doesn’t require a stove or too much of your time.
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Firm Tomato
- 1 Red Onion
- Can of Cannellini Beans
- 1 Table Spoon of Olive Oil
- Lemon Wedge or Lemon Juice
- Sea Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Grab a bowl and chopping board!
- Chop cucumber, red pepper, tomato, and red onion to your liking
- Drain cannellini beans of liquids
- Add chopped items and beans to bowl
- Squeeze fresh lemon wedge or 1 tablespoon of lemon juice over beans and vegetables
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Add sea salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Mix and serve!