While scrolling through Tik Tok, I saw the fabulous @iamtabithabrown holding up carrots and talking about carrot bacon. I had to try the genius idea after watching the viral video. Now… I haven’t had turkey or pork bacon in almost 10 years, so I can not sit here and honestly tell you that this tastes the same, but the end result and taste is gratifying.
I will say, my family did enjoy the crunch and smokey taste with their eggs and they love them some bacon!
- 1 Large Carrot
- Hickory Liquid Smoke
- Garlic Pepper
- Paprika Powder
- Onion Powder
- Maple Syrup
- Peel/shave carrots into thin strips
- Preheat oven to broil or 400 degrees
- Mix liquid smoke, garlic pepper, onion powder, paprika, and maple syrup in a bowl
- Coat carrot strips in bowl mixture using cooking brush
- Lay all seasoned strips to baking pan individually
- Put into oven for 5-10 minutes until crisp and serve