Traditional gnocchi can be heavy and quite filling. I mean, it is potato!
A few bites, you’re stuffed and left with a full plate, you won’t be able to finish. That’s usually the case for me. Which is why I’m stunned I picked up Trader Joe’s Kale Gnocchi. I was so hesitant when I saw it there in the frozen section, but thought, why not? And to my surprise, TJ’s kale gnocchi is not heavy at all and will leave eaters satisfied.
There are many ways gnocchi can be prepared, but since this is kale and super green, I wanted to add more color to it to and make it flavorful. Note, you can roast your tomatoes or purchase Trader Joe’s Organic Tomatoes – Diced & Fire Roasted.
Here’s how I put it all together.
- 1 bag of Trader Joe’s Kale Gnocchi
- 1 can of Trader Joe’s Organic Tomatoes – Diced & Fire Roasted
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Sea Salt, Pepper, Oregano, Basil, Parsley, Garlic Powder, Chopped Onions, and Crushed Red Chili Pepper Flakes
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil in sauté pan or pot on medium heat
- Add entire bag of Trader Joe’s Kale Gnocchi
- Let simmer for 2-3 minutes
- Sauté around to ensure all cooks
- Add half or full can of Trader Joe’s Organic Tomatoes – Diced & Fire Roasted
- Season to your liking with sea salt, pepper, oregano, basil, parsley, garlic powder, chopped onions, and crushed red chili pepper flakes
- Sauté ingredients on high heat for 30 seconds
- Cover pot or pan, put heat on low, and let simmer for 5-10 minutes